Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have my Miele Optima G2430 on its side with bottom cover

Customer Question

I have my Miele Optima G2430 on its side with bottom cover off. It failed yesterday with Intake/Drain light flashing 5 times - then solid - then repeat. I cleaned the normal drain sump stuff inside before pulling it out. The inlet hose "smart bump" thing hums when it tries to take in water but then stops with flashing lights. I can't figure out what the heck im looking at when i take off the bottom cover and what to do next.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

This is a common issue, the main wash circulation motor is seized. Either it is bad and you need a new one or you can try to free it up with either purchasing the special Miele tool or trying the fork trick as shown in this video.

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our work, so please use the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok CLICK HERE works..sorry. i guess i have to take a bunch of stuff off the pump to get to the impeller... i will let you know how that goes.

OK no problem!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you don't think its the intake hose "box" that is humming? i had to replace that once before a few years ago. sure we be easier.

It could be if you could narrow the humming noise down to it...that is a possibility

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can feel it humming when it tries to fill. there is a large transparent plastic "box" inside the bottom where the fill tube goes in. its about 1/2 full of water now but when it tries to fill no water goes into the box, i can tell by watching, but the hose "box" is humming when i hold it. is that just a valve or is there a pump in that box? thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The reason i am doubting the circ pump being frozen is we use this thing 1-2 times a day and it was working fine the day before it stopped working

That would just be the valve, there is no pump in that box. It may be bad and not filling. If you are on hard water that may be bad.