Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Whirlpool Duet Sport HE. Model: wfw8300sw05.

Customer Question

Hi Michael,
I have a Whirlpool Duet Sport HE. Model: wfw8300sw05. Purchased in September of 2010. I replaced the drain pump assembly (it had been going bad for awhile). I would have to tap on the motor to get it to start when it got to the drain cycle or I would get a F21 fault code. Two days ago I thought it had finally quit completely. After starting the machine it would run until it got to a drain cycle. Then completely shut off showing no codes. After replacing the drain pump motor it still continues to do this. Any suggestions?
Thank you,
Marty
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

Does the drain pump run just for a little bit and then die out? Also does the machine turn and spin ok?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It varies... anywhere from 0-5 seconds. Then the machine shuts off completely. And yes it turns freely by hand.

But it does not spin right? If you set it on Drain/spin

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There was about 3" of water in it just now. I switched it to drain/spin and started it. Pumped for 3 seconds and then shut down. I immediately started it again. Pumped all the water out and shut down as soon as it started spinning.

When it shuts down does the whole unit shut off? Also if you set it to begin a cycle does it do the same thing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it shuts down completely. All lights and timer turn off. I set it to "quick wash" and within 5 minutes it shut down.

OK unplug the M13 3 wire plug on the CCU board...does it do the same thing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I need to have the bottom cover on while doing this? It has been off for several months and has worked fine until the last few days.

You should have the bottom cover on as there are grounding switches that need to be depressed. That could be the issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I removed it and left it off to be able to tap the drain pump.

OK put the cover back on and just try it to see what happens

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where can I find the CCU board?

The CCU board is up on the top right when you remove the top panel on the washer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Removing the M13 plug changes nothing.

OK so it still just shuts down right? If so you need this part

REPAIR CLINIC OFFERS A FULL 1 YEAR NO HASSLE RETURN ON ANY PART INSTALLED OR NOT

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our work, so please use the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this from your store? If so can I return it if it does not fix the problem?

It is not my store personally, just I recommend it as you can return it without issue, but it will solve the problem