Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I am remodeling my kitchen and have purchased a Bosch 800

Customer Question

I am remodeling my kitchen and have purchased a Bosch 800 series induction cooktop, which I am very excited about. I had planned to install a Bosch 500 series convection oven underneath it, but the cabinet guy said that's not advised by Bosch. How about a Bosch warming drawer? Is that okay to install under the induction cooktop? (I read that induction cooktops will do an auto-turnoff/ shut down if they get too hot, so assume that's the issue here.)
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

Yes a warming drawer is fine under the cooktop. I have seen many ovens under cooktops without issue, but yes the heat can cause the cooktop to shut off and that is the reason.

We are on the honor system for our work, so please use the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks