Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Maytag Neptune washer computer keeps changing rinse

Customer Question

my Maytag Neptune washer computer keeps changing rinse cycles.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you? It will be located on a sticker either just inside the door way or on older models of the Neptune it'll be on the back of the control panel on the far left. Also, can you explain what you mean by "keeps changing rinse cycles."?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
model number is ***** Cycle seems to work normally except for the spin cycle. When the machine goes to the spin cycle it cycles from max extract to low extract and every option in between. The final spin seems to get up to selected speed but the interim cycles do not.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK if it's cycling on it's own, that main display board has just failed. This is your machine control board and it acts like the mother board for your washer. The part is no longer made but you would need part number 23 on the link below. Sears still refurbishes and sells the part so you can still replace it

CLICK HERE for board

Now I will tell you that you that this unit wasn't even sold for an entire year before it was pulled off the shelves. It has numerous issues and I never advise fixing it unless it's something minor, but that is completely up to you.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.