Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Dishwasher takes 8 minutes load should be 2.5 minutes. Water

Customer Question

Dishwasher takes 8 minutes for a load should be 2.5 minutes. Water is hot and all electrical looks good. This is a dishwasher in our church.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect the issue lies with the water heating. I know you stated it was getting hot but is it getting up to temperature fast enough? Did it slow down all at once or has it gradually gotten worse?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The dish washer stays hot but is too slow
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a new hot water tank could this be an issue?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Is it an instant hot water tank that heats only on demand? It may be that the water coming in is not heating up enough and requires more time from the internal heater.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked with our guys they tell me the water is very hot but the washing time is about 6 minutes before the rinse cycle kicks in. The temp rises for the rinse part. Is there a rinse sensor that might need changing?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

There is a sensor that is used to make sure the water is hot enough to sterilize the dishes.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The hot water tank is not instant. Stays on all the time. We put a switch on for the water to come into the dishwasher about 10 minutes before we use it. The washer has a temp guide so we know when the water heats to washing temp
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model number is ***** series M3 serial number WO 80516385.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not received a reply to my email stating the model and serial number
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don, t need an answer. It has something to do with a sensor board.