Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Jenn-Air microwave YJMV8208DS00 and want to change

Customer Question

I have a Jenn-Air microwave YJMV8208DS00 and want to change the installation so that it is vented through the wall. It was originally purchased and installed in 2011, and we no longer have the damper assembly. What part number(s) do I need for the damper assembly? I looked at the installation manual: http://content.abt.com/documents/23889/jmv8208dbk_install.pdf and it looks like I need something that is angled to direct the exhaust up and back. What is the part for the full damper assembly (i.e. the flat damper as well as the boxy part that the damper sits in)? I've found this part number: W10197773, but this part doesn't look like the part in the installation manual (and there are no part numbers listed in the installation manual). Please advise. Thanks!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So you need both the frame of the damper and the flap. The flap is W10197773 as you indicated but the frame is part number DE72-40022A.

As for how to re-direct the vent, you will need to un-install the entire microwave and remove all the screws going into the outer shell of the microwave. The outer shell will then pull off and you'll see the blower fan motor which you can rotate to the back or straight up or straight forward (forward is for recirculating mode). This is how you direct the direction that the air will blow depending on how you want to set up your external vent.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.