Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Iget a F05 followed by E02. I have touched POWER/CANCEL.

Customer Question

Iget a F05 followed by E02 . I have touched POWER/CANCEL . This did nothing. When I tried again, there is a klicking sound. I have wiped every thing round the door and the rubber. Tried again, just a klicking in the upper right hand corner or the machine.
Model # ***** Serial # ***** Thanks for your help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So this error means that your door latch is not engaging. Either the clicking is coming from the control board trying to activate the lock, or the clicking is coming from the latch. Either way, the door latch must be replaced to fix this issue so below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace for your model.

CLICK HERE for door latch

It's actually a fairly easy part to replace if you're handy. You'll need to unplug the washer and open the door to start with. Then there is a wire ring around the front lip of the rubber door gasket. Use a flat head screwdriver and pry the wire ring off. From there you can pull the gasket back out of the way. Remove the screws going into the door latch from the front and reach behind to replace the door latch assembly.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?