Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We purchased a Bertazzoni pro 30" stove. Can you tell me if

Customer Question

Hello, we purchased a Bertazzoni pro 30" stove. Can you tell me if it has a downdraft so we do not have to install a hood?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I would suspect that it does not have its own ventilation system. However, if you post the model number I can check for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your answer is the same as my construction consultant. I was hoping that you would actually do the research because I think there is a way to have a downdraft instead of purchasing an overhead vent. I will call Bertazzoni myself.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Found my answer:
you are not able to downvent a range, except Dacor. Can't do it.
If the range is going into an island, you could fabricate a small riser behind the range that would have a mesh filter. Blower would need to be installed behind the range or in a remote location.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Of course you can down vent a range, there are several manufacturers that have downdraft vents that may be used with any brand. If you would like some links to them, let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kelly, thank you! Please continue. Please tell me only the manufactures that you yourself would contact to give instructions on how to downdraft a vent for the Bertazonni 30" Range.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

You will need to install a retractable vent in the counter behind the unit. It will require some space behind the appliance, so that may be the only downside, depending on the configuration you have. Most often times, they are in an island configuration when used with a full sized free standing range.

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly, the model number is: Pro304gasbi 30" / the free standing stove will not be in an island. Wanted the downdraft to avoid putting in the vent as we need space for cabinets. The three selections you gave me above will work in this situation, correct? (And, I appreciate your help)
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Well, it will depend on your counter dimensions. The vent will need space below the counter to retract in to and there is a motor that will need some space down there as well. Without seeing your exact installation, I cannot say with 100% certainty that any will work without some cabinet modification. Typically, if on a wall, there will need to be some cabinet and counter modification to accommodate the venting system.