Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a thermador cm302 double oven with a microwave on the

Customer Question

I have a thermador cm302 double oven with a microwave on the top oven. My wife went to heat something via microwave on top oven and the door locked. When the microwave timed out the microwave shutoff and the door tries to unlatch but will not do it. You can hear the solenoid for the door latch keep recycling but the latch will not unlock. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

If you push in on the door while it is trying to unlatch does it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It did not help to push in on the door. However when I did pull out on the door the solenoid stopped recycling until I took pressure off door. Door is syllable locked

Ok there was a safety recall for this issue and Thermador will fix it still for free. CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our work, so please use the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

I am going off line soon I would call on the recall for it rather than messing with it yourself. That is up to you though....all I ask is please use the star rating link before leaving and if you need anything else just post back and I will help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This was a recall that corrected a faulty door lock when you put the oven in clean mode. The oven has always worked fine when I put the oven in clean mode and door has locked. This is dealing with the door lock that won't allow door open after the microwave cycle is finished. Thermidor will not fix this for free. That was a different issue
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is that all for this evening? I don't feel I am any further along than I was previously.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I figured how to open door manually and checking the door latch operation. I don't need any additional advice