Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

May tag Maxima washer is locked and door won't open. Have

Customer Question

May tag Maxima washer is locked and door won't open. Have tried troubleshooting remedies and they won't work.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So to manually unlock the door, it's not easy since they Maytag units are "commercial". You need to pull the washer forward and unplug the washer. Remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will then pull straight back, up, and off. There is a plastic tab hanging from the bottom of the latch assembly. You need to unplug the washer and pull down on that plastic tab to manually unlock the door.

Now, if the door latch still has issues in the future or the washer won't start once you have manually unlocked the door, you need to replace the door latch.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I see this question has popped up on my list stating you responded to me but I don't see a response. Can you send your response again please?