Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My clothes are still wet after the spin cycle; what should I

Customer Question

My clothes are still wet after the spin cycle; what should I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker below the lid down near the hinges. Not on the lid itself but tucked underneath by the hinges and difficult to see.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model # *****
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK perfect. So this model has an actuator that is supposed to shift the washer into spin and the actuator will often fail on this washer. The speed sensor is also built into the actuator so it could just be giving a bad speed signal to the board. Either way, you'd want to replace the actuator below the tub if the clothes aren't spinning out well. Below is a link to the part and there is a video at the bottom of the link which shows you how to replace the part.

CLICK HERE for actuator and video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the question I really need answered. (The washer deal is not as important, as it only does that when I have a really heavy load.) I have a 3000 Series Maytag Commercial Technology dryer. I don't know how to get the steam function to work. Can you tell me how?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately I can't answer multiple questions on the same question. I see you have another question open for the dryer and when a specialist for that dryer picks up the question they will respond.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your time.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

No problem and I wish you only the best. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?