Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My ge profile pfs22sisbss overload and relay stopped

Customer Question

My ge profile pfs22sisbss overload and relay stopped working...wont cool either and now there is clicking
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The fan barely moving was the original cause of your problem, but that is usually and issue with the main control board, not the fan motor. If you have a multimeter you can test power down to the fan motor and you should have 12 volts going to at least 2 wires when testing to ground WHILE plugged into the fan motor. If not, then the control board needs to be replaced. If you do have 12 volts on 2 wires, then you need a new fan motor. Either way, you'll need to unplug the refrigerator and let the compressor cool down. Hopefully the compressor is not damaged from overheating causing the overload to trip now. Give it 12 hours or so and then plug it in with an external fan blowing on the compressor to keep it cool. Wait to see if the unit cools down like normal. If so, then just replace the fan motor/control board (whatever one is needed---again it's usually the control board if you don't have a multimeter to test). If the unit doesn't cool down, then your compressor was damaged from overheating and you'd need a new compressor as well which is about $650 to have replaced so it may not be worth fixing---that of course is completely up to you.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?