Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

OUR KENMORE 2001 WAS WORKING HOURS AFTER MOVING THEN SHUTS

Customer Question

OUR KENMORE 2001 WAS WORKING FOR SEVERAL HOURS AFTER MOVING THEN SHUTS DOWN AND TRIPS ALL CIRCUITS ON NEW HOUSE THIS HAPPEN TWICE SINCE WE MOVED
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If the unit is working for several hours before it cuts out and you can just reset the breaker and it works again, your breaker on your new house is just weak. You'll need to replace the breaker on the house because it's getting hot and tripping after the compressor has been running for awhile drawing power for awhile.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this isnt my house it was just built
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

It doesn't matter if the house was just built or whatnot, if the refrigerator runs for awhile and eventually trips the breaker---your refrigerator isn't the problem---it's your breaker or the way the house was wires because it's overheating the breaker causing it to trip.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
other new refrigerator work ok but too small
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

New refrigerators draw less power than older refrigerators. If the issue is the refrigerator itself, it wouldn't be worth fixing because it would mean your compressor is drawing too much power and you'd need to replace the compressor which is about $650.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we are on a tight budget what should we do now fix or get another used frigerator
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

It wouldn't be worth fixing if the refrigerator was the issue, you'd want to get a new unit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WHAT MODEL THAN IS GOOD AND AFFORDABLE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ARE YOU THERE
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

That's hard to say. I would probably go with a Roper brand for the best bang for your buck. You can get one at Lowes.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?