Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have GE Dual wave !! microwave systems. The microwave

Customer Question

I have GE Dual wave !! microwave systems. The microwave doesnot heat well. Convection oven works well. Can I replace microwave alone that will work in sync with microwave control buttons
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks

I am sorry you would have to either fix the existing unit or get a completely different one, it can be fixed though. Normally the magnets either crack on the magnetron tube causing that issue.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The appliance system is very expensive about $1500-2000. If I call the appliance repair company, can they fix the magnets and magnetron tube? The magnets and Magnetrons ,are they very expensive to replace? Pl tell me. Thanks, Anant
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is the same question ,to add further, can the magnets be replaced or need to put in new microwave of same kind sompatible?

You would need a new magnetron tube for this type of problem if that is the case..the fix should really only be 300-400 just get it repaired I fix them all the time for that issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will call appliance doctor and see what his response will be. Most of the time they ask to put new microwave or replace whole system. I cannot really rate your answer till I find it out if that is the only need for this situation. Thanks

Well obviously I can only make an educated guess without being on site and testing the unit myself, please understand that and our rating is for our time to be on here to try and guide you to the best solution.