Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a maytag dishwasher model#MDB7749SBW2 serial #

Customer Question

I have a maytag dishwasher model#MDB7749SBW2 serial # ***** It is less than 2 years old. Recently, when I indented the normal button the ("control panel?) changes to auto clean blinks then stops goes to rinse only starts and stops.
There must be a short in the control panel?
If so how much does the repair part cost and do I contact a plumber or electrician?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

You are correct that unfortunately your control panel has failed and needs to be replaced. You don't want to call a plumber or an electrician, you would need to call an appliance technician to replace the part if you didn't want to replace it yourself. Below is a link to the control panel you'd need to order for your model if you wanted to replace it yourself. You'll need part 1, 1A, or 1B depending on the color you need. Just order the correct color for your unit.

CLICK HERE for control panel

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?