Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Neighbors whirlpool ghw9400plo dryer will not start. Door

Customer Question

My Neighbors whirlpool ghw9400plo dryer will not start. Door will not close. Control lights funky. Is there a way to reset the processor??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

You can not reset the processor. Can you explain what you mean by "lights funky"?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I hold in the 3 front large button's it shows 45 sec and some lights light,
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK then your front interface board has just failed. It's getting power but it's not responding correctly. You'll need to order and replace the interface control board to fix the issue so below is a link to the part you need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for interface control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was thinking the frount door latch was bas and its stuck midway in a cycle??
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

That actually wouldn't cause the issue. That would cause the dryer to just beep 3 times when you press the start button but you can still change all the different options/settings like normal.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is this a common failure in this machine, the interface control board. It is pricey and and they are not wealthy.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

I wouldn't say it's common but it does tend to happen especially when the unit starts to get around 10 years or older.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Not a problem but I'm sorry about the bad news. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?