Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My washer does a good job off cleaning my clothes and linens

Customer Question

My washer does a good job off cleaning my clothes and linens but there often many little dot on the otherwise clean laundry. These little black dots appear to be fabric and about the size of the head of a pin or smaller. I wondered if they were spin offs from a belt, but I don't know how they would get into the tub.
These are especially noticable on whites although they appear on colored laundry also.
What are they?
How do I eliminate them?
Thank you for your attention in this matter.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So there isn't much you can do but to run your washer with a product called Washer Magic which you can get at Lowes or order on line. Lint and grime will build up between the inner and outer basket causing little pieces of debris to break off and then the lint will roll around between the inner and out basket until it finally works it's way through the small holes in the basket back int the laundry, or gets flushed out the drain. If you clean the washer every couple of months this will prevent any hard water or gunk build up holding the lint in between the tubs so this doesn't occur.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.