Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a new Thermador range and the oven on light and the

Customer Question

I have a new Thermador range and the oven on light and the preheat light blink 5 times each alternately. It didn't do that until the range was moved to install the hood, then put back in place. What do the blinking lights mean?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

This is an error stating that your selector switch has failed. Try to flip the breaker off to the oven, turn the selector switch back and forth between bake and broil and whatnot a few times. If it still doesn't work, you'll need to order and replace that selector switch because it has failed.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
While the error code that you stated was correct, the problem was a bad wiring connection not a bad selector switch. That being said, this was a brand new appliance, so there was no way I was going to void the manufacturer's warranty by working on it myself. I do not appreciate having money demanded of me before getting a response to my question, nor do I appreciate being aggravated by requests for feedback before my appliance was repaired. I will neither use your service again nor recommend you to anyone else. Do not bother me again.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

take care.