Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I need help repairing Rosieres RFT5577; After pyrolitic

Customer Question

Hello
I need help repairing Rosieres RFT5577; After pyrolitic cleansing the door latch will not release and door rmains locked.
I do not have local service for the oven [self import to my country] let alone spare parts.
as a 'first aid' I need to release the door lock
second I need to relpace the parts.
I read about other ovens but need help specifically with this model.
I do not have the spare parts map of the maketr 'rosieres'
Thank you
Orly
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we can use whats-app - free 'live' sms application.
I will give you the number if you are familiar with it.
It is immediate. You and I can upload images of the items and parts which can be as if you are here. you can also record voice messages and i get them within seconds.
And most important-it is free where ever WiFi is available.
I am a true advocate of the app. since it has been very useful for me.
you just need a smartphone.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If you slide a coat hanger in between the door and the oven, just right of center, and slide it left, it should catch the lock and allow you to open the door. There is probably a thermal fuse on the back of the oven that has opened. It is usually near the top, by the cooling fan. Do you see anything like that on your model? There is very limited information available on that specific model so we need to work around that lack of information as best we can.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly
thank you for your reply.
We waited for hours yesterday and no one answered, until we decided we will use our brains a bit..We have already solved the problem yesterday by opening the oven and releasing the latch manually from the top-nothing frontal worked plus I did not want to mess with it so i will not break anything...I believe I can live with it getting stuck again if it is that easy to fix and as long as the oven does the self clean-which it did.
Fan was not stuck and oven cooled so it was simple this time.
Thank you for your reply anyway.
Regards
Orly
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
by the way we used this service in the past for our dryer-and the repair solution still works for us always [repetitively].
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Great! Sorry for the delay in replying, this is not a well known brand and with so little information available, most techs will not attempt to help. Nice work, thank you for the reply!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, I had one for 14 years till it dropped.. this is the fourth one.
It is European made model.
I think I only had this brand since I have married - total 4. sold 1 gave away one and i would really recommend it-both aesthetically and quality wise. well you know maybe I will change my mind.
Do you deal with many appliances? which brands do you master?
Orly
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Bosch and Miele are probably the most common ones and both have very good reliability and good company support. Between the two, I would choose Bosch.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My dryer is Bosch.
So I will refer to you if I have a problem in the future.
Thanks again
Orly
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

You bet, thank you!