Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Kitchenaid dishwasher. I am not sure of my model,

Customer Question

I have a Kitchenaid dishwasher. I am not sure of my model, but the door can't lock and I have tried to reset the dishwasher and it isn't working.
Please help
Submitted: 1 year ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

Ok this is a common failure, the door latch has failed on the unit. Now are your controls on the front or top edge of the door? Also if you open the door look on the inside vertical frame edge and you will see the model number tag on the unit. Please post it here thanks!

If there was nothing more I could do for you please rate my service 3 stars or higher using the STAR RATING on your page thanks!