Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My question is about a Jenn-Air Model CVE3401 downdraft

Customer Question

My question is about a Jenn-Air Model CVE3401 downdraft radiant cooktop. I was cooking dinner this evening on my stove top. I was in the next room as my sauce was simmering and I heard a "POP". I looked in the kitchen and nothing looked wrong until I noticed my stove top was no longer on and I could not turn any of the burners on. I also was about to turn on my oven, when I noticed it was not working either. The stove top is on an island in the middle of my kitchen and the oven is in another area of the kitchen. I do not understand why both are not working. The oven is a Jenn Air also. When my husband got home he tried to flip on the breaker. Each time he did that POP sound happened again. The stove top and oven did not turn back on. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

This sounds like a dead short. You possibly have a bad power wire at the terminal block where the power lead attaches to the unit. Now the other thing would be a bad infinite switch that has burned out, the one you were using could cause that issue as well. It will likely be one of the two. Part #9 at this link...they are different for all the burners and that would be the most likely thing that is bad.

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our work, so please use the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

If there was nothing more I could do for you please rate my service 3 stars or higher using the STAR RATING on your page thanks!