Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

FINISHED SELF CLEANING OVEN, CANNOT UNLOCK THE DOOR. BEEPS

Customer Question

FINISHED SELF CLEANING OVEN, CANNOT UNLOCK THE DOOR. BEEPS EVERY 5 MINS AND DISPLAY SHOWS F5E1.. WHAT TO DO?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

That is a door lock code, Shut down power to the unit for 1 full minute and power it back up..see if the door unlocks and the code clears...let me know.

We are on the honor system for our work, so please use the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok will try that, back to you in a few mins

Yes no problem!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nope that did not work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still there

Yes I am still here, ok if that did not work and the oven is cold you may have a bad door latch motor. This will require you to manually open the unit and check and possibly change out the latch motor. Can you do that and do you have some tools?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no cant do that

Ok you can leave it sit overnight unplugged as sometimes that will allow the latch motor to get cold and it may open up otherwise you need to call a tech out...sorry

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still beeping

Yes just leave it unplugged overnight and try it in the morning, that is your best bet and if it still beeps call a tech out as you need tools to get it open and do the repair.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok i guess

I understand you are not happy, but if you have no tools and nothing to test it with there is no magic button pushing that will correct this issue, the motor or latch switches are bad. Let it sit overnight and hope for the best in the morning when you plug it in. These ovens get to 1000 degrees and stuff does break in self clean. All I ask is for a 3 star rating for my time spent as I get nothing otherwise thanks