Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Bravos top-load washer, fabric softener dispenser tray clogs

Customer Question

bravos top-load washer, fabric softener dispenser tray clogs after 2-3 loads. has been frequently disassembled and hoses cleaned. valve assembly removed and checked for continuity with ohm-meter, all good. Now bleach dispenser gets occasional back-fill with clean water. have unplugged from power source for 20 minutes per company advice. no luck. washer only 2-3yrs old.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

Ok there was a update for this issue, let me get you the part number you need to fix the issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
acct # ***** order # *****
still waiting for that part # *****

I am sorry I sent it to you here it is again

PART NUMBER

W10187307

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you must be thinking you are working with a mechanical imbecile. your recommendation WILL not not solve the problem. if you will re-credit the $28 to my credit card we can sever our ways and will not post any negative comments to the service you provide. if not i can contact master card for resolution.
david stoehr xxxxxxxxx

Take Care

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The service bulletin issued for that is for an overflowing dispenser. Is yours overflowing and leaking or does it just stay full and not drain at all? I have attached the service bulletin for your review. Is this the issue you are having?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the washer worked properly the first 2-3 yrs. the fabric softener resovoir, after being removed along with hose from water inlet valve, thoroughly cleaned and flushed, will gradually reclog after 3-4 washes. have tried different brands(Maytag recommends ultra Downy ) and even diluted 50% with hot water. now recently the bleach resovoir has gone spastic, sometimes not dispensing bleach and other times will backfill with clean water after starting load with an empty resovoir. even removed the blue water inlet valve and checked contacts with ohm-meter for same continuity, all same, david (###) ###-####
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hmm, they use cold water to flush those compartments. I wonder if the cold inlet is having issues or may be slow from a plugged filter screen or a weak/intermittent solenoid.