Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have he2 FL replaced thermal fuse it started working again

Customer Question

I have he2 FL replaced thermal fuse it started working again for 2 loads. Now doing sane thing red light blinks says check line tray. I clean this area during fuse replacement
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

You'll want to check your thermal fuse to see if it has failed again. If it doesn't have continuity, then you need to replace the fuse again. Now if this fuse is going bad, its either because the vent is clogged or the dryer is overheating. The vent going through your house needs to be regularly cleaned about once a year or two if it's long so if it's been awhile, then it sounds like the vent needs to be cleaned. On the other hand, if you believe the vent is already cleaned, you'd want to replace the operating thermistor which regulates the temperature in the dryer because it sounds like it's overheating the dryer.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?