Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My refrigerator is two years old and all the interior lights

Customer Question

my refrigerator is two years old and all the interior lights went out and the in door water and ice dispenser wont work, what can I do? Is there a fuse somewhere that burned out?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

There are no fuses on the unit, either you have lost power to it or you have a bad main control board. You can test at the man board behind the unit for power, if you have it there then you need that board. You will test from the J1-3 to the J1-6 wire at the board for 120 volts. Now obviously check the outlet for power to the unit first before doing anything else.

We are on the honor system for our work, so please use the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks