Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Maytag intellidry will not start, power is good, door close,

Customer Question

Maytag intellidry will not start, power is good, door close, no sound, no movement
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

The thermal fuse on the blower housing is likely burned out. Open thew door and remove the 4 phillips screws...two on the right and the hinges ones on the left. Pull the front panel off and get at the white thermal fuse on the blower housing . Check that for continuity and see if it is burned out. That is the most likely cause of this.

We are on the honor system for our work, so please use the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks