Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a friend with a Bosch Axxis WAS24460UC/28. s door

Customer Question

Hi, I have a friend with a Bosch Axxis WAS24460UC/28. His door latch/lock was loose, so he had a handyman look at it, and the guy drilled two holes in the latch and put two 1.5 inch screws into/thru the latch, using the existing holes next to the latch which are for the plastic tabs to lock in! As you can imagine, when he then turned it on he heard a electrical pop noise up in the control area, and the machine wouldn't work and he couldn't open his door. That's when he called me for any assistance (I'm an engineer who's very handy). I got his latch emergency released, and his control panel open. His power module is fried inside -- all blackend on one end. We got and installed a new latch/lock and power module and while trying to program the module, I cant get past the first (2nd) step where I turn the knob to 9 o'clock and am supposed to wait for the Start/Pause light to blink. It never blinks, and there is "1" on the screen readout.
Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

What programming instructions do you have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am using the instructions which came in the box with the new Power Module, part # ***** The instructions are 4 pages long, but come in German and English, so are 8 pages total. At the top right corner of the instructions, it says 58300000130943_ABZ_INT_J, then below that is says 16.12.2010.
To correct/clarify what I wrote earlier, here are the steps from the first section of the instructions: "Activate the code mode: a) Close the window (I assume "door"), b) Set program selector switch to pos. 0 ("Off" -position), c) Set program selector switch to pos. 12 ("9 o'clock- position), d) Wait until the "Start/Pause" -LED is flashing, e) Actuate the "Spin Speed" -button, f) Set program selector switch to pos. 11 (turn left one position) while still actuating the "Spin Speed" -button, g) Release the "Spin Speed" -button.
After performing steps a, b, and c, the Start/Pause LED comes on, but does not flash, and there is a number "1"on the numerical readout on the screen.
With all of the dramatic black and melted circuit traces in the old module, I'm starting to wonder if something else was damaged when the pop event happened, such as fried wires to the latch (although they look fine), or a fried Operating Module(?)

The other board is going to be bad, if you can not program it....they have to communicate for programming, sounds like both were fried as you are doing everything else correct.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks