Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Frigidare Washer model # FAFS472LWO spins very slow on

Customer Question

My Frigidare Washer model # ***** spins very slow on spin cycle. I checked the belt and it's ok. With the belt off the motor pulley dpund slowly forward, then stops and reverses to spin backwards slowly.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If the washer is turning back and forth and it won't spin, it thinks that the basket isn't balanced. Try running a cycle without any clothes inside and if it still won't spin, then you have a problem. Let it run through the cycle and see if it shuts off early when it's in the spin cycle. If so, the PTC sensor inside your door latch isn't giving a good signal even though the door is locking so the door latch will need to be replaced.

Now if the washer just keeps tumbling back and forth when it should be spinning for 30 minutes+, then your motor is just not reading the balance properly because the motor has a built-in tachometer to send a signal to the washer and let it know when the basket is balanced so it can ramp up speed. The motor itself would need to be replaced to fix this issue.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?