Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I seem to have no power to Maytag dishwasher purchased in

Customer Question

I seem to have no power to Maytag dishwasher purchased in 2009. Checked circuit breakers and connections under sink area, and everything else has power. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

I'm very sorry to hear about your problem with your dishwasher today but perhaps I can get you started on the right track to fixing the problem. First, there are no reset buttons, thermal fuse, or anything that you can just push to get the dishwasher working again. If you're certain that there is power getting to the dishwasher, remove the kick panel below the dishwasher and look for the 3" x 3" sheet metal box with the wire connections in it. Turn the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher or unplug the dishwasher before servicing. Remove the cover plate and look at the wire connections to see if any of the wires in the junctions box have shorted out. If they have been shorted or melted, you'll need to cut them back and re-wire them. If you find nothing at all wrong with the connections, then your control panel has just failed one reason or another and the control panel at the top of the door will need to be ordered and replaced. The control panel for your model is W10475785 and it costs about $125 or so. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for control panel

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got the dishwasher to work after playing with the connection. It has been working continuously since the same day. Sorry I could not answer, my computer was down for a while.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Alright well hopefully it continues, I wouldn't think that it would be a lasting repair, but only time will tell.