Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Maytag 2000 code Lf after 6 min

Customer Question

Maytag 2000 code Lf after 6 min
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So to start, Maytag uses a flow meter that detects the flow of water entering the washer. If this flow meter does not detect the correct amount of water entering the washer it will sound the "LF" error code which stands for long fill. Often this repair can be made with out calling an appliance repairman and without ordering parts. Start by removing the washer fill hoses; both the cold and the hot water hoses. Check for proper water pressure from the house. To do so, turn the water on and put the hose inside the washer or a bucket.

If water pressure is good, check the water valve inlet screens. Most residential washing machines have inlet screens. The screens prevent minerals from clogging the solenoid. With the hoses removed, you can visually inspect the water inlet screens. If the water valve screens are clear the inlet valve with the screens itself will need to be replaced. To replace the water valve, remove the top of the washing machine. Three screws hold the top down. The screws that hold the top down are on the back of the top panel. Once removed the top will slide back and off. Now remove the wire harness that connects to the valve. One screw holds the valve to the washers cabinet. Removing the screw and sliding the valve over will release the valve from the back panel enabling you to complete your repair.

One last thing to check is the fill hoses. These front load washers call for a lot of water quickly. So if you have stainless steel braided flood-safe hoses, they will trip for no reason at all. Replace these flood safe hoses with more traditional hoses. If the hoses are good and you haven't found anything slowing down the flow of the water, your electronic inlet water valve is just faulty on the back of your washer and will need to be replaced because it's just not allowing water flow into the washer correctly.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Replaced inlet valves and drain pump already
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The drain pump has nothing to do with this issue, so if you replaced the inlet valve the the washer must be filling up with the correct amount of water when the error occurs. If that's the case, then the pressure switch needs to be replaced because it's not sensing properly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pump was clogged with coins and backhoes to pressure switch was clogged clean holes pressure switch and still LF after six minutes
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Again, the pump has nothing to do with this issue. Whether you found coins or not, that wasn't causing this issue. You need to replace your pressure switch.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Changed it still showing LF
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello I am a different tech the LF code means long fill is the unit filling with water? I guess that is the main question we need to know.

If there was nothing more I could do for you please rate my service 3 stars or higher using the STAR RATING on your page thanks!