Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My dishwasher pump will not empty the machine at the end of

Customer Question

My dishwasher pump will not empty the machine at the end of a cleaning cycle.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Alright so because you have a drain issue, you will need to uninstall your dishwasher and drain all the water out that you can manually. Remove the drain hose and blow through it to see if it's clear. If it's not, then you want to replace that drain hose that comes directly off the drain pump because there is a back flow preventer inside this hose that failed all the time stopping the dishwasher from draining very well or at all. You can try to stick a flat head screwdriver through that 90 degree angle to get the backflow preventer un-stuck if you wanted to try that as well. Sometimes that will get the flap working again.

If the drain hose checks good, then remove the drain pump and look for and debris that may be blocking the drain pump impeller. Put everything back together and re-install the dishwasher to try again. If the dishwasher still doesn't drain, then you'll want to check 120 volts with a multimeter to the drain pump when it should be draining. If you're not getting 120 volts to the drain pump then you need a new control board inside the door. Assuming you are getting 120 volts, your drain pump would just need to be ordered and replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?