Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I've got a sub zero 550 from 1994. The compressor fan is

Customer Question

I've got a sub zero 550 from 1994. The compressor fan is constantly running, which I believe is normal for this model. Later model 550s have a feature where the fan only runs when the compressor needs cooling. I've read online that some technicians can make this modification. What part do I need to make the upgrade?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

Can you get at the condenser relay on the unit? There are 5 wires to it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks - let me take a look at it this weekend and I can describe exactly what I see.

ok no problem