Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Frigidaire Affinity error code E9F, cleared out the drain

Customer Question

Frigidaire Affinity error code E9F, cleared out the drain pump (hair pins, small rag, coins), replaced control board but no change. Tried to run a diagnostic test but the machine would not cycle through the functions.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

If the code has not cleared you need a new MCU( motor control board) Here is a link to it and it is very common for that issue.

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our work, so please use the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We ordered the part online just waiting for it to arrive and swap in.

ok sounds good

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Motor control board has been replaced but no change.

So you have replaced both boards with no change?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct, we replaced the motor and control board. The wiring between has been checked but we can't get past the E9F error.

Does the E9F come up instantly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I view error codes it's the only one to display

Will the drain pump even run or will it start or anything?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The machine turns on but will not run at all. I tried to run the diagnostic and I can't get any of the functions to operate. "Door" pops up after the diagnostic is selected so it may show - Hot Water and then it flickers to door.

Ok well this is a weird issue for sure, what happens exactly when you try to start a normal cycle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When we try a normal cycle it starts by sensing, we hear a click in the electrical module and then it displays Pause and won't go any further. We never hear the door lock after sensing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We pulled out the door lock and tested it with a multimeter it came back with a reading of 1500.

If you put it on drain/spin does the pump run?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We don't have a drain spin button. We tried the drain pump diagnostic with no response.

Can you test the winding on the drain pump?