Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The induction cooktop turns on however once the pots are

Customer Question

The induction cooktop turns on however once the pots are placed then it turns off like if it doesn't acknowledge they are placed on.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Does this occur on all the burners? Are your pots new? Has the cooktop ever worked?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was working perfectly last night. None of the burners are working
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK try to flip the breaker off to the cooktop and see if the electronics will reset. If not, then your burner power control board inside the cooktop has failed because it's no longer sensing the pans and since it was working last night you know that the pans are metallic and the issue isn't the pots themselves. Unfortunately this part is usually about $500+ so it's not inexpensive in the least but the is the biggest downside to induction cooktops---all the parts are modules and incredibly expensive when one fails.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?