Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  32 yrs. experience servicing major appliances and HVAC equipment.
6636336

How can I remove the control panel from a ge 27' drop-in

Customer Question

How can I remove the control panel from a ge 27' drop-in range about 12 yrs, old The model no. is JMP29GT1B. Everything is working except there is no light to show, temp, clock, broil, etc. I need to remove the panel control so that I can send it iff it be rebuilt. Am a 70yr. old woman, can I do this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 1 year ago.

The top raises up ( the part the burners sit in ) and a rod you raise to hold it up . Turn off the breaker to the stove to do this . Remove the trim piece from each edge ( screw underneath and on from inside ) remove the screws at the top of the control panel and the panel will come out and then more screws holding the control to the panel. Take a picture or make a drawing or whatever you can to show you where the wires went on the control. Now your problem is some of these wires are HOT and can't touch any thing so you either have to tape the ends or not use the stove ( the burners ) while you wait for the control to come back