Jamie_2013
Jamie_2013, Handyman
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 6 years
76126576

I have a Hoover DDY068T/3-80 dishwasher that starts filling

Customer Question

I have a Hoover DDY068T/3-80 dishwasher that starts filling with water and after a few seconds empties. It does this constantly. Can you help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.

If the unit is filling and emptying then the base is flooded. Pull the unit out and tilt it back 45 degree to drain away all the water in the base.

Rating my answer "OK Service" or better is the only way I receive credit for helping you. Please let me know if you need additional assistance or have any other questions. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already checked this and the base is not flooded. This dishwasher has only a cardboard base which will not hold water.
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.

Then the level switch is faulty and needs replaced as it is not working properly to shut the water off and back on when needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought it might be the programme module.
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.

Yes it could be but I would go with the level switch first as it is least expensive.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will get a new level switch and get back to you and let you know if it sorts the problem.
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.

Not a problem. Just post back here.