Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Please need help. HOW TO CLEAR F7 ON ALL THE RANGE KNOBS. I

Customer Question

Please need help. HOW TO CLEAR F7 ON ALL THE RANGE KNOBS.
I was cleaning the control panel of my Frigidaire range and then the F7 intemiitent signal came on.
I unplugged and plugged it back but nothing happens. There was a beeping noise when I plugged it back and thats it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Aside from trying unplug and replug the oven back in, there is no way to clear an F7 error. F7 means that your display control board (EOC) l is shorted so the entire display control board would need to be replaced to resolve the issue permanently.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do i replace the control panel? how much is that. who could replace it?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If you're handy you can replace it yourself. How you replace it depends on the model number but it usually only takes about 15 minutes or so.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am not handy. i need someone to do it. how do i find the person to do it, where can i buy it? thks
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

You'll need the model number to order the correct part, but with the model you can order it at Repairclinic.com.

As for finding someone to replace the part for you, call Frigidaire to see who is in your area. Their number is *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Tyler
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

No problem. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?