Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

MY MAYTAG 3000 DRYER MAKES A SCHRECHING NOISE WHEN STARTED.

Customer Question

MY MAYTAG 3000 DRYER MAKES A SCHRECHING NOISE WHEN STARTED. iT DRIES FINE. I DO NOT KNOW WHERE TO FIND MODEL NUMBER, TO GAIN ACCESS DO I REMOVE BOTTOM FRON OR BACK
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The model tag will be behind the door or on the timer console. Access will be from the front but varies depending on the model.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MODEL # *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ACCESS FRONT BOTTOM, OR REMOVE BACK PANEL
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Excellent, thank you! On that model, you will have to first remove the top of the machine, number 2 in the diagram at the link below. Once that is off, the front control panel (number 4) will come off. Once that is removed, the entire front panel will come off, allowing access to the internal components.

CLICK HERE

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

When you get the front panel off, the front bulkhead, number 30 at link below, comes off. Then, you can remove the belt from around the drum, paying careful attention to the routing. A picture will be helpful for installing the belt back in place. When belt has been removed, the entire cabinet interior will be accessible.

CLICK HERE

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The pages from the service manual below will help.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.