Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have water in the bottoms tray

Customer Question

I have water in the bottoms tray
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

shx46b02uc/21

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you! Are you able to see where the water leaked from? Have you removed the water and tried another cycle to see if it leaks again?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I took off the side and seen that there was water in the bottom tray which cause the pump to run. I drained the water in the tray and ran it again but I have not yet opened the side again to see if the water is back. what would cause the water in the bottom tray ?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The most common cause is water leaking over the tub in the front, usually caused by an obstruction to the spray arm, like a utensil falling down in the rack or a plate, anything that impedes the spray arm movement. If it leaked again, you would hear the drain pump running in flood mode. I suspect you have remedied the issue by drying the base out.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!