Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My maytak dryer model ymed9700sqo won't start. power supply

Customer Question

my maytak dryer model ymed9700sqo won't start. power supply and thermal fuse ok.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! When you first start the dryer, do you hear a click from the control area? Can you remove the top from the dryer and see if the belt has broken?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
belt not broken it is in position
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

When you first start the dryer, do you hear a click from the control area?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a meter to test with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when first start the drier, i hear a click from control area
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Great, thank you! Do you have a meter to test with?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Can you, with the dryer unplugged, remove the control board from its mounted position and get a look at the back side? See the picture below and please let me know if the marked area looks to be burnt or otherwise not as the picture shows.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i take out control board and see both side, i don't see any burnt sport
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a meter to test with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have a multimeter
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If you start the dryer, you can test the wire at the control board that leads to the motor, the light blue wire at the P1-4 connection point. Test from that wire to ground for 120 VAC. If that voltage is present, you have an open thermal fuse, a bad belt switch or the motor is faulty. Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
p1- 4 to ground no power. thermal fuse ok, belt switch ok
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Great! The board is faulty, nice work!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

A less expensive alternative is available below.

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for help. I will try to do what your advice,and continue asking follow-up until fix the problem. Thanks for now.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.