Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My Maytag front loader washer had a load of towels in it. I

Customer Question

My Maytag front loader washer had a load of towels in it. I went to put them in the dryer and the top of the load was dry and the bottom towels were wring wet. I tried to sdtart the washer and all the lights were on but it wouldn't start. There is water in the bottom of the washer.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

So all the buttons work fine, but nothing starts?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all the buttons work

OK if nothing happens when you press start no door lock or anything, you likely have a main controller failure. Try to unplug the unit for 30 seconds and plug it back in. If that persists you likely need this part CLICK HERE

That is the main board in the console and the fail often for that issue.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks