Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Jennair Dishwasher Model jdb1275awy and I am trying

Customer Question

I have a Jennair Dishwasher Model jdb1275awy and I am trying to replace the control panel. I have removed the inner panel from the door and am now trying to remove the control panel itself. Everywhere I look it says to pull up on the panel to remove, but there are two metal clips/slides that the keyhole of the panel fits into. In order to remove the old one, I have to push it down over these clips/slides to remove it and due to the three metal lips on the lower panel I am unable to do so. This is a glass front door, and it looks like these metal clips are also what holds the glass panel on the front of the door. Any suggestions on how to remove the old panel to replace it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

This is a common issue, check out this link..SEE THE 4 Keyslots on the panel...#7 is the screws that go into them...The panel slips down and the off not up...

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand you have to push down to remove the panel, but there is the lower part of the door that has 3 metal pieces that don't allow you to push the control panel down
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you there?

Yes I am here I sent you a response did you get it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I received your first response but nothing thereafter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I can see this isn't going to work. Please refund my money as I have not been helped.

OK sorry this did not work for you, I was trying to help but you are impatient with responses and the dialog is not clear to me take care and best of luck with it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No need to have anyone contact me. I did not want a free trial, and please see that my credit card does not get charged. Thank you