Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have GE monogram refrig. Model zisp480dtass. Handle on

Customer Question

I have GE monogram refrig. Model zisp480dtass.
Handle on door is loose. Can't locate any hidden external fasteners.
How do I tighten?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

Did you still need help with this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still looking for help.

There is a set screw on the handle stand off posts, should be right on the very bottom of them, you should see a small hole?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no smal whole or set screw on this handle.

Ok per the installation instructions it should be there page 21 CLICK HERE

If not you need to remove the entire panel so all the side panels to get the front panel off per those same instructions.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The door handle that is In your instructions is not the handle on my fridge. There's is no set screw...which is why I emailed to begin.

Based on the model you provided it shows it on the parts breakdown and the instructions...do you have a picture of the handle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Attached

Open the door and take a side door picture... That is the one in the diagram, but yes I see no holes in the standoff either. Now look closely as they often use a matching plug to cover the holes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not resolved the issue. I was going to close out with a Poor rating, but wanted to check with you firs to see if you had any other input on resolving the loose handle.