Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Kenmore fridge model #253.70313213 with an ice maker model

Customer Question

Kenmore fridge model #253.70313213 with an ice maker model #JBND-26. suddenly our ice maker's ice melts in the the tray and re-freezes into one huge mass of ice. Any idea what the solution might be?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

The icemaker is freezing into a mass or in the bucket is a mass of frozen water?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A mass of ice freezes at the bottom of the tray. I believe it appears to happen pretty much near the back end of the tray. Not 100% sure about that but I believe it to be true. The tray appears to be 100% closed, so the tray being partially open is not the cause.

That sounds like the fill trough for the icemaker is leaking or spraying some water during fill over the icemaker and then it leaks into the tray. Remove and check for any icing or blockages in the fill trough on the icemaker. You may have a leaky icemaker as well as I have seen that happen too.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks