Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

It won't complete the short cycle. On the normal cycle time

Customer Question

It won't complete the short cycle.
On the normal cycle time goes to 1 and it continues to run. The water pumps out on the normal cycle and the heater works. It wont quite finish.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

This is an extremely common issue. The control board in the console is the culprit. There is a heater relay on the board that goes bad and causes this malfunction, then the 1 minute mark is like a 100 minute mark forever running and running. They have corrected the issue and here is a link to a video to help you install it, you need the 2 digits after the model to get the correct one for your unit. You can order it through searspartsdirect.com

CLICK HERE VIDEO

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks