Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My microwave oven Model # WES1450 DN1BB, Serial # AV909214B,

Customer Question

My microwave oven Model # ***** DN1BB, Serial # ***** Mfg date 1-2011, worked one minute, the next time I went to use it everything was DEAD. I've checked the fuse, changed outlets, pressed the clear button 3 min, per tip instructions, nothing. HELP
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the fuse is good and the power is to the microwave, the main control is likely faulty. This microwave is not repairable as it is imported for GE and no repair parts are available. The parts that are available are shown at the link below.

CLICK HERE

It will need to be replaced. I understand this is not what you are wanting to hear but please remember that I did not build the microwave and cannot manufacture parts for it. It is not supported by GE.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not what I wanted to hear.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I agree, they are basically a disposable microwave. Seems pretty typical anymore....very sad, in my opinion.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Another problem with a GE Top freezer refrigerator, Model #GTS18GBSFRCC, Serial # ***** purchased 2-2010. The freezer door seems to have faulty magnets in the door. When the refrigerator door is opened and closed, the freezer door pops open - if I don't see it, the door remains open and everything thaws. HELP.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The magnets in the door gasket don't really wear out. Usually, that is caused by an issue with the air pressure or the door hinges. Do you get water on the shelves in the refrigerator?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, the shelves in the refrigerator are dry.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If you look at the freezer door where it sits on the hinge, do you see a little plastic washer? Also, is the cabinet tipped slightly to the back? If you open the doors, they should close by themselves. If they do not, adjust the fro0nt of the refrigerator cabinet up a little bit at a time until they do.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is a plastic washer on the hinge and yes, the doors close by themselves.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Put a drop or two of a lightweight oil on that lower hinge washer om the freezer door and see if the door still pops open.