Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Amana freezer is working fine, but the refrigerator

Customer Question

My Amana freezer is working fine, but the refrigerator stopped getting cold
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The evaporator fan motor has likely failed or there is a faulty component in the defrost circuit. Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section? Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for your response, yes, there is some frost on the back inside the freezer
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Is the fan running?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It seems like overnight it starting getting warm inside the fridge
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Perfect, thank you! So, you have a component in the defrost circuit that has failed. This model has a long history of defrost thermostat failure. That thermostat is mounted on the coil that is behind the rear cover, inside the freezer. That panel will need to be removed for access. Of course, the shelving and all other stuff will need to come out, too. Once out, the thermostat is in the upper right corner of the coil. It will have a brown and orange wire going to it and should look like the picture below. Most often times, when they fail they will expand and disfigure. Can you get a look at that thermostat, please?

CLICK HERE