Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Kitchenaid retractable downdraft vent stovetop.

Customer Question

I have a Kitchenaid retractable downdraft vent for my stovetop. When I push the button to pop up the vent and turn on the blower, nothing happens. We thought that maybe the switch is bad. Or does the vent have an automatic start prevention for some other reason? Any ideas about what I should do? The vent is stuck in the retracted position and does not work. Circuit breaker is in proper position.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

You would have to remove the access panel under the cabinet to get at the switches and control for it. You should check the switches in the cavity and check the wiring to the unit check that to verify you have power, that is in the lower right corner with the cover off.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks