Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

The button on the fron of my GE microwave is stuck in. I

Customer Question

The button on the fron of my GE microwave is stuck in. I could send you a pic. I'm wondering how to replace it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

You can replace it but it comes as an assembly and is nearly $200, so I am not sure if you want to fix it or not, if so here is a link to the part

CLICK HERE

You need to remove the plastic upper grill above the door, typically there are 2 or .3 screws along the top edge or small ones in the grill to remove to get it off. Once that is off you will see a single phillips screw above the control console. Remove that and lift up on the control panel. It will lift up off the key lock slots and rock forward exposing the inside of the unit. You can then change that panel out.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks