Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We have 4 year old front loaded Kenmore 600 dryer. It worked

Customer Question

We have 4 year old front loaded Kenmore 600 dryer. It worked great until we moved it to replace some flooring. After it was moved back into place, it takes 3 times as long to dry. We replaced the exhaust on the back as it was in bad shape. We have had
someone professionally check and clean out the exhaust. It still doesn't work any better. Obviously we have cleaned out the lint trap.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the vent is clear all the way outside, the issue is with the heat or internal air flow. Is the dryer heating?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mod. 110.69822801
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Does it heat?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it heats, but not very much.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. If you remove the exhaust hose, do you fell much air coming out the back of the dryer? If you remove the lint filter and look down in that housing, is it clean?